MCCAMANT & DURRETT ARCHITECTS (THE COHOUSING COMPANY) Tired of corporate architecture?
Tired of being pigeon-holed into the same work, day-in and day-out?
Join a family of architects recognized worldwide for its contribution to positive social change. We create cohousing communities, eco-villages, cutting-edge affordable housing communities and childhood development centers. As a member of this team, you will be able to research and implement the newest and best approaches to sustainable design.
Work in a warm, comfortable environment in the historic downtown of Nevada City, California.
To be an effective member of this team you must:
- Be a proficient artisan and very motivated to do the right thing.
- Use your knowledge and experience (a minimum of three years) in designing multi-family housing , mixed-use projects and put your sense of social responsibility to good use.
You will get to use your experience with:
- Vectorworks Sketchup for 3D modeling Adobe CS MS Office products.
- Within a small office you will get to do some of everything including project management and use your sense of humor and ability to be flexible.
This is a full time, on site position.
Compensation: Negotiable depending upon experience
McCamant and Durrett is involved at every stage in the creation of this exciting housing model from initial design workshops through construction.
*****You will not be considered for this job unless you complete our three part application process.****
- Send your resume to: jobsatMandD@gmail.com
- CLICK HERE TO FILL OUT OUR EMPLOYMENT Survey :
- At the end of the Survey is a link to a short Skills Quiz. Send the completed Quiz and a Sample of your work to MandDSkillsQuiz@gmail.com
- Experience in the field, either as a student or an experienced architect, with the desire to create cohousing communities.
- Basic knowledge of drafting
- Comfortable giving presentations
- Knowledge of Sketch-up, Mac, and VectorWorks
- Enjoy research-based projects
- Able to work 40 hours/week in the Nevada City office for 6-months
- Able to travel as needed
ARchitects working with architects
The advantages of hiring an experienced cohousing architect couldn’t be more clear, especially now that more and more communities are wanting to create their own cohousing neighborhoods. It is beneficial, both short term and long term, saving the group time and money. I feel that our work is not work – it’s sheer joy, in part, because of the groups we work with who see the value in what we provide.
Do to the volume of cohousing communities in the formation stage, we recognize that it is more valuable for everyone to coach local architects, preparing them to, after our initial project together, create more successful cohousing communities in their area. In these initial projects, we do 50% of construction documents, 90% of the specifications, and 50% of the construction administration, and provide support for other project architects.
Our mantra is, "If it doesn't work socially, why bother?" If you agree with that and want to contribute to making sure that our project are beautiful and resilient, we want to hear from you.